1.The three most important composers were Haydn, Mozart, and Beethoven.
3. The opera singer in the piece E Susanna non vien!.Dove sono has various ranges of
pitch when compared to folk, jazz, or pop music.
4.The four sections (or movements) of a symphony
1. According to the text popular music venues that were inspired by Tin Pan Alley include
Vaudeville, Ziegfeld Follies, Broadway musicals, Hollywood films, nightclubs, and on radio and
recordings. Sometimes even featured by singers in big band jazz as wel
1. How is ethnic diversity important in our culture?
2. What does it mean in music to be an artist?
3. How is music both a business and an art?
4. Based on your reading and upon your own experiences, write a brief
essay about you feel about having a 'Glob
What were some of the popular music venues influenced by Tin Pan Alley?
Some popular music venues that were influenced by Tin Pan Alley
include: Vaudeville, Film, Musicals, and Radio.
Find an article on the web about Tin Pan Alley and share a brief sy
1. Folk music is a part of our history and our musical heritage. Traditionally, folk music was passed down
verbally from generation to generation with very little of it being written down. The first folk music
historians began by transcribing their native
2. The song Hotter Than That has a wide range, descending melody. It has a regular rhythm with a
monophonic texture. Its tempo is fast and has little to no dynamics. This song brings images of swing
dancing in a nightclub. The patrons are joyous ad relaxe
Arts Festival of Oklahoma
September 5, 2013 at 6:00-7:00
Squonk Operas, Pneumatica, goes beyond the performance one can see in a
single concert or video. Considering the music itself is interesting and
rewarding. Their interplay of
June 30-Week 1 Orientation, Introduction, course training,
Chapter 1: Introducing the World of Music
Chapter 2a: The Nature of Music: Vocabulary for Listening
Chapter 2b: The Nature of Music: The Elements of Music
Chapter 3&4: Folk Music and Religious Mus
MUSIC APPRECIATIONCONCERT SUMMARY GUIDE
Summer Term 2014
You must review three concerts or documentaries and write a summary report of each. This assignment is
30% of your final grade. You are provided a list of online links to approved audio/
1. The three most important composers of the time period were Mozart, Haydn and
2. The vocal style of a great opera singer is very rich, composed, and rigid. Unlike folk,
jazz, or pop, opera was a much tighter sound. In Opera there was no exper
1. Operas and concertos were the two most prominent musical genres of the Baroque era.
While church music was still widely heart and evolving, operas and concertos captivated
the audiences and were primarily performed for courts and upper class.