Group Case 4-27
October 30, 2015
The following are situations that may violate the Code Of Professional Conduct. I assume, in
each case, that the CPA is a partner, unless it otherwise.
1. Contel, CPA, advertises in the local paper that his firm does the a
October 16, 2015
CH 5 Assignment
1. Some factors include but are not limited to: going awareness of the responsibilities of public accountants by
users of financial statements, Business failures which prompts stakeholders
October 6, 2015
CH 4 Assignment
1. The six core values are trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring, and citizenship.
2. The steps to solving ethical dilemmas are: 1) Obtain relevant facts, 2) Identify et
October 1, 2015
CH 3 Assignment
1. Auditors reports are important to financial user because they provide insurance on the companys financial
statement, and using standard wording allows users to understand it.
2. 1) Report
September 18, 2015
CH 2 Assignment
1. Accounting and bookkeeping prepare financial statements for small clients. Tax services repair corporate and
individual tax returns for both audit and non-audit clients. Management con
September 1, 2015
CH 1 Assignment
A) Operational audits generally have been conducted by internal auditors and governmental audit
agencies but may be performed by CPAs. A primary purpose of an operational audit is to provide
1. What is the difference of accounting + auditing?
Accounting is the recording, classifying, & summarizing of events for the purpose in
providing financial information for decision making.
Auditing is accumulation & evaluation of evidence to deter
1. What is the difference of accounting and auditing?
2. What are 3 or 4 causes of information risk?
3. Name and describe 3 types of audits.
4. CPA Exam: what are the educational requirements, 4 parts, & experience requirements?
5-27 PART 1
A) In order for Thaxton to hold Mitchell & Moss liable for his losses under the Securities
Exchange Act of 1934, he must rely upon the antifraud provisions of Section 10(b) of the act. In
order to prevail, Thaxton must establish that:
Rene Ritter opened a small grocery and related-products convenience store in 1989 with money she
had saved working as an A&P store manager. She named it Ritter Dairy and Fruits. Because of the
excellent location and her fine management skills, R