Name: _Carolina Voight_
Photosynthesis Worksheet Chap 10
1. Label the stroma, intermembrane space, inner membrane, outer membrane, thylakoid, and granum on
the following figure:
2. Label where the different parts of photosynthesis take place in the follow
Catabolic pathwayA series of metabolic reactions leading to breakdown of a complex organic molecule to a simpler ones, with
release of energy.
Exergonic reactionAn exergonic reaction (such as cellular respiration) is a reaction that loses energ
Membrane Structure and Function
Life at the Edge
The plasma membrane is the edge of life; the boundary that separates the living cell from
is surroundings and controls traffic into and out of the cell.
Carbon and the Molecular Diversity of Life
Carbon: The Backbone of Life
Carbon enters the atmosphere through the action of plants and other photosynthetic
Carbon is unparalleled in its ability to form
Chapter 9 Notes
Energy flows into an ecosystem as sunlight and exits as heat;
Chemical elements essential to life are recycled.
Photosynthesis generates oxygen and organic molecules that are used by the mitochondria of
Gene Expression Study guide 1) Describe the structure of the chromosome? What is it?
2) What is chromatin?
3) What is a nucleosome?
4) What is a Histone? How many are there? (Know them)
5) What is the diploid and haploid number in humans?
6) What is the d
DNA to protein Study guide 1) What are RNA polymerases? How many?
2) What is rRNA, mRNA, tRNA and which is their function?
3) What direction does transcription take place? (5? to 3?) 4) What are exons and introns? Do prokaryotes have these?
5) Describe ca