1. When you first turn on a computer and you dont hear a spinning drive or fan or see
indicator lights, is the problem hardware or software related?
2. What is a Windows error message called that appears on a blue screen?
A= BSOD (blue screen
1. Who are the two major manufacturers of processors?
A= AMD and Intel
2. What is the name of the memory cache that is on the same die as the processor?
3. What is the name of the memory cache that is closest to the processor die but is not
1. What are the two types of technologies used inside hard drives?
A= Solid state, and magnetic.
2. What are four speeds in revolutions per minute that the spindle inside a hard drive might rotate?
A= 5400, 7200, 10000, 150000.
3. What is the name of the
1. When taking a computer apart, why is it important to not stack boards on top of each other?
A= So you do not damage the chips, capacitors, resistors ect, also so you dont keep them
exposed to ESD.
2. Why is it important to remove loose jewelry before w
1: What are the three most popular form factors used for motherboards?
A: ATX, Micro-ATX, Mini-ATX.
2: which type of intel chipset was the first to support the graphics controller to be part of the processor?
A: The Sandy Bridge processors.
3: how many pi
Which is faster, a Hi-speed USB port or a SuperSpeed USB port?
A= SuperSpeed USB is faster, Hi-speed is 2.0 and SuperSpeed is 3.0
What type of output does an S/PDIF port provide?