Packet Tracer - Investigate Unicast, Broadcast, and Multicast
Part 1: Generate Unicast Traffic
Part 2: Generate Broadcast Traffic
Part 3: Investigate Multicast Traffic
Background / Scenario
This activity will examine unicast, b
Packet Tracer - Help and Navigation Tips (Instructor Version)
Instructor Note: Red font color or gray highlights indicate text that appears in the instructor copy only.
All clients have full connectivity to the servers. For the sake of frame diversity, th
Packet Tracer - Configure Initial Router Settings
Part 1: Verify the Default Router Configuration
Part 2: Configure and Verify the Initial Router Configuration
Part 3: Save the Running Configuration File
In this activity, yo
Packet Tracer - Testing Connectivity with Traceroute
Part 1: Test End-to-End Connectivity with the tracert Command
Part 2: Compare to the traceroute Command on a Router
This activity is designed to help you troubleshoot netw
Packet Tracer - Navigating the IOS (Instructor Version Optional
Instructor Note: Red font color or gray highlights indicate text that appears in the instructor copy only. Optional
activities are designed to enhance understanding and/or to p
Packet Tracer - Identify MAC and IP Addresses
Part 1: Gather PDU Information
Part 2: Reflection Questions
This activity is optimized for viewing PDUs. The devices are already configured. You will gather PDU
information in si
Packet Tracer - Using Show Commands
Part 1: Analyze Show Command Output
Part 2: Reflection Questions
This activity is designed to reinforce the use of router show commands. You are not required to configure, but
rather examine the ou
Chapter 2 Review Questions
A transport itself through the network
D reformat the hard drive and reinstall OS
C send spam e
1. At which layers of the OSI model does Ethernet Function?
F, G. pg211
2. Which standard specifies the Ethernet MAC sublayer functionality in a computer NIC?
3. What is the name given to the Ethernet MAC sublayer PDU?
1 which layer of the OSI model is concerned with end-to-end communication over the network?
2. Which of the following is associated with the network layer?
3. Why was IPv4 designed as a connectionless protocol?
1. When you first turn on a computer and you dont hear a spinning drive or fan or see
indicator lights, is the problem hardware or software related?
2. What is a Windows error message called that appears on a blue screen?
A= BSOD (blue screen
1. Who are the two major manufacturers of processors?
A= AMD and Intel
2. What is the name of the memory cache that is on the same die as the processor?
3. What is the name of the memory cache that is closest to the processor die but is not
1. What are the two types of technologies used inside hard drives?
A= Solid state, and magnetic.
2. What are four speeds in revolutions per minute that the spindle inside a hard drive might rotate?
A= 5400, 7200, 10000, 150000.
3. What is the name of the
1. When taking a computer apart, why is it important to not stack boards on top of each other?
A= So you do not damage the chips, capacitors, resistors ect, also so you dont keep them
exposed to ESD.
2. Why is it important to remove loose jewelry before w
1: What are the three most popular form factors used for motherboards?
A: ATX, Micro-ATX, Mini-ATX.
2: which type of intel chipset was the first to support the graphics controller to be part of the processor?
A: The Sandy Bridge processors.
3: how many pi
Which is faster, a Hi-speed USB port or a SuperSpeed USB port?
A= SuperSpeed USB is faster, Hi-speed is 2.0 and SuperSpeed is 3.0
What type of output does an S/PDIF port provide?