Chapter 9 exercises
10) The space station is still in the orbit of the Earth, which means the Earth is still
pulling on the station.
13) Its the same, 300 Newtons.
22) Perhaps because Jupiter has gravitatio
Chapter 8 exercises
5) For the same twisting sped the greater distance means a much greater speed.
12) A bowling ball will have a greater acceleration then a volleyball because the more
mass means the more acceleration.
15) A can of wa
Chapter 7 exercises
1) A heavier truck has more momentum and more KE then a lighter truck so it takes
longer to slow down even when moving at the same speed.
2) You do no work on a backpack while moving horizontally because the force o
Chapter 6 exercises
8) The force over time changes with different surfaces. The harder the surface the larger
the force and smaller the time, and the softer the surface the smaller the force and larger
the time making it a smaller impu
Chapter 5 exercises
2) Newtons third law is you cannot touch without being touched. This would mean they
are both touching each other.
13) The scale would read 100N
18) Yes a baseball bat slows down when it hits a baseball because to e
Chapter 4 exercises
3) No it isnt possible to move in a curved path in the absence of force. It would move in
a straight path without any force.
5) It doesnt have less inertia on the Moons surface because inertia deals with mass not
Chapter 3 Exercises
1) The impact speed would be 2 km/h because the 98 km/h that both the cars are doing
would cancel out, the relative speed.
5) Light has no acceleration because of its constant speed.
8) Yes it can. A ball thrown int
Chapter 2 Exercises
8) It isnt inertia that keeps the Earth moving around the Sun, because inertia means that
the object continues in a state of rest or of uniform speed in a straight line unless acted on
by a nonzero net force. The Ea