February 26, 2012
Last 4 digits of your A# _
1. Use the abridged article about McDonalds on p. 7 to answer the following questions:
a. Explain the cost issues that McDonalds is facing.
Cost have been rising for McDonalds
Ch. 6 Extra Credit for the movie: Extraordinary Measures
Extraordinary Measures EXTRA CREDIT OPPORTUNITY: 5 points possible
Due Sept. 19, AFTER the Ch. 6 discussion and the midterm exam.
View the film "Extraordinary Measures," and briefly describe:
Ch. 5 Extra Credit for the movie: Informant!
Due September 24, 2014
Assignment: View the film Informant! and explain:
the collusion, and
the consequences faced by ADM & several of its top administrators.
This movie is the true story of the lysine price-fi
Homework for Chapter 5 (modified questions from the end of the chapter)
[13 points possible]
1. Why are the concepts of own and cross-price elasticities of demand essential to competitor identification and market
definition in the cigarette industry? (2 p
Homework REFLECTIONS on YOUR OWN EXPERIENCES, Applying Theory from Chapter 12
Note: You are submitting this information confidentially. Your instructor will not share what you write here with anyone.
Principal-agent issues you have observed where you work
Homework for Chapter 6, Adapted End-of-chapter Questions
(10 points possible)
2. Dunne, Roberts, and Samuelson found that industries which have high entry rates, tend to also have high exit rates.
Can you explain this finding? (1 point)
It is assumed that
Homework, Chapter 2
10 points possible
Scenario: Suppose that in 2014, a new company called Corpus Christi Bay Beer begins to produce beer to sell to local
1. Describe 2 ways in which you would expect a company such as Coors to experience eco
Homework for Chapter 3 (adapted from end-of-chapter questions)
10 points possible
3. TWC creates and distributes entertainment throughout the world. Miramax is part of the conglomerate, Colony
Capital and Qatar Holding, which creates movies, among other p
ECON 5315: Homework for pp. 9-37, Review of Microeconomics
Counted as a 10-point assignment, but 11 points are possible.
[#s 2, 3, 4 & 9 are adapted from end-of-chapter questions.]
2. If the ATC curve is rising, does that mean the MC curve must lie above