Miller Com 240WI 1
Extrinsic and Intrinsic Reader Benefits
Effective marketing or persuasion is the art of making the other team think they, themselves,
benefit when they let you win.
Or, in other words: Audiences comply with your requests when they feel
Name: Jacob Kaneakua
Prof. Daniel Gala
Commemorative Speech Outline
TITLE: The Eddie Aikau Surf Contest
General Purpose: To Commemorate
Eddie Would Go If you havent heard this phrase, you havent lived in Hawaii
for very long
Chapter 14 Delivery
1. Identify the four methods of delivery.
1. Manuscript speaking
2. Memorized speaking
3. Impromptu speaking
4. Extemporaneous speaking
2. Identify the elements of an effective nonverbal delivery (e.g., body and voice).
October 7, 2013
LAB: Caroline Kennedy
Relational Communication Paper
For my communication paper I decided to write it on the movie the Note Book. The Note
Book is a great example of two people coming together. In the film we see them go thro
Chapter 13 Audience Adaptation
1. Know the difference between listener characteristics and situational variables.
Chapter 12 Organizing and Outlining a Speech
1. Know the organizational patterns. (Be able to identify examples)
2. Identify the different types of connectives. (Be able to
Chapter 16 Speaking to Persuade
1. Explain the types of persuasive goals.
To influence the attitudes beliefs, behaviors of audience members
2. Describe three issues you must consider