1. In doc-sharing, find "Juxtapose" first, second and third movement. Each movement
demonstrates specific styles that we have studied. Find at least two sections from each
of the three movements which use these
1. What makes Schuberts Erlking Romantic?
The emotive expressions of romantic music are made possible by theatrical contrasts in
pitch, or music based in a poem or literary work, that tells a story. The Erlking tells a
story of a father and
1. As established, the three-note pattern is played quickly 3 times but the third
time the last note leaps up to a new note. Which direction does the melody
go before 0:57 and what can you say about its rhythmic pattern?
It seems to change f
Handels Halleluiah Chorus and the solo violin concerto of Antonio Vivaldis, Spring, from The Four
Seasons, contain drama as key elements. Vivaldis drama begins with string tremolos.
1. 1. Where does the storm-like section take place in the V
1. Josquins Ave Maria, virgoserena and Farmer's, Fair Phyllis are examples of vocal
music from the sacred and secular worlds of the Renaissance. In which piece do you think that
the beat, a primal thumping), is more important? In which piece
In the lectures on the Classical period, a bit of personal information was revealed about the life
of Franz Joseph Haydn and Mozart. What parts surprised or intrigued you the most?
I thought it was pretty cool that Mozart was composing by th
1. Name one of the modes (scales) used in early church music. Dorian, Mixolydian, and
2. What is the language used in Gregorian chant? Latin
3. What piece was used to demonstrate organum in early church music? Gregorian Chant
1. I did learn some new things about instruments. How to pick them out and identify them by
2. Harmony is what supports melody, and gives music texture and mood. Pitch and Rhythm
helps with this as well.
3. Harmony and Pitch
Youtube: Claude Debussy Prelude to the Afternoon of a Faun Soli: U. For some insight, scroll down
youtube listing to Prelude to the Afternoon of a Faun by Michael Simmons. You will see and hear
Leonard Bernstein discussing it.
1.What are som