1. What is the function of the elastic fibers and smooth muscle in the tunica media of arteries?
The function of the smooth muscle cells, which extend circularly around the lumen like a ring is
to regulate the diameter of the lumen. An increase
1. Define each of the following external features of the heart: auricle, coronary sulcus, anterior
interventricular sulcus, and posterior interventricular sulcus.
Auricule: On the anterior surface of each atrium. A wrinkled pouch structure. Ea
1.The first heart sound heard is lubb that is due to blood hitting against the AV valves.
2.The second heart sound heard is dupp that is due to blood hitting against the SV valves.
3.What is a heart murmur? Abnormal sound in th
21.chemical substances commonly released by mast cell.
22. release granules that intensify the inflammatory response.
23. cells that involved in reducing blood loss.
24.the end of erythropoiesis in the bone marrow, a red blood cell lose.
25.what is Ferrit
Is Internet Hurting Children?
A lot of parents might think that their children are safe surfing the internet,
however what they dont think is that, is the internet hurting my child? There are
many types of websites, web pages children may be exposed to. I
1. How are interstitial fluid and lymph similar, and how do they differ? Both are
interstitial fluid but lymph is interstitial fluid that changes names as it enters the
2. How do lymphatic vessels differ in structure from veins
Homework 1 (Lecture) Chapters 18-23
1. List the similarities among and differences between the nervous and endocrine systems with
regard to the control of homeostasis.
- The difference is the nervous system releases neurotra
A.Major Heart Structures & Great Vessels:
1.Arteris that supply blood to cardiac muscle: coronary muscle
2.Layer of heart wall containing cardiac muscle: myocardium
3.Extentions of the atria: auricles
4.Heart is located here (area between the