Sarbanes Oxley Act
The Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 is a standout amongst the most recognized and
questionable bits of securities law in American records. Sar
Volume 63 | Number 2
The Influence of Human Resource Management
Practices on Employee Voluntary Turnover Rates
in the Canadian Non Governmental Sector
Victor Y. Haines, III
University of Montreal, [email protected]
BADM 204 Strategic Management
Prepared by: Ronald Wong, Capilano University
Chapter 1: What is Strategy and Why is it Important?
A companys strategy is its _ for _ its competitors and
achieving superior profitability.
How does a companys strategy get crea
1. Which of the following characteristics is NOT associated with a functional organization?
Each employee has one clear superior.
Resources are easily shared between departments and projects.
Staff are managed by a person with
1. In a functional organization, staff are grouped by areas of specialization and managed by a person with
expertise in that area.
2. In a projectized organization the functional manager has the most control.
3. In a functional or
1. Strategic analysis is an important first step in setting strategic direction.
2. Strategic analysis is often called SWOT - Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats (SWOT).
3. Strategic analysis is often called SWOT - St
1. A project is a temporary endeavor undertaken to create a unique product, service or result.
2. A project is a lasting endeavor undertaken to maintain a reliable product or service.
3. Most projects are conducted with constraint
1. Which of the following statements concerning strategic analysis is true?
Strategic analysis focuses exclusively upon external analysis.
External analysis focuses on the strengths and weaknesses of the organization.
1. A project management plan is a formal document that defines how the project will be initiated and
2. Plan Communications is the process of developing an appropriate approach and plan for project
communications based on stakeh
1. Which of the following examples is NOT a typical or appropriate situation to employ project
improving an existing work process
installing a new computer system
conducting a routine, standard customer service oper
1. The project charter serves as a formal legal contract between the project team and the project sponsor.
2. The signing of the project charter signals the transition from the high-level project initiating stage into the
more detailed p
1. Which of the following statements accurately describes a project management plan?
a. a formal document that describes how the project will be initiated and planned
b. a formal document that describes how the project will be executed, mo
1. Which of the following documents serves as an informal contract between the project team and the
team members employment contracts
2. The project charter
FAC U LTY O F B U SIN ES S AN D PRO F ES SI ON A L STU D I ES
SC H O O L OF BU SI N ES S
CO U RSE O U TL IN E
BADM 101 - Management
Instructor: Richard Hill
Assignment: Oral Presentation Assignment
This assignment is worth 25% toward your final grade broken down as follows:
Presentation 20%, Peer Feedback 2%, Presentation Outline 3%
Students will plan
BADM 460 - Company Profile Assignment:
1. Choose a company that you would like to work for (but were you or a
family member has not ever worked for) and research their policies on
corporate social responsibility and sustainability.
2. Post your choice to
CASE STUDY PREPARATION CHART
B) Case Data Analysis (Business and Society materials)
SHORT CYCLE PROCESS
Who (is the decision maker?)
What (appears to be my issue?)
Why (has my issue arisen?)
When (do I have to decide?)
BADM 460 Course Schedule
Week 1 Jan 4
Introduction to Business and Society.
Chapter 1 & 2
Week 2 Jan 11
Nancy in class, go over company profile.
Chapters 7 & 8
Week 3 Jan 18
Chapter 3 & 4
In class stakeholder analysis.
Week 4 Jan 25
Chapter 5 & 6
CONTINUOUS PROBABILITY DISTRIBUTIONS
a = 6 b = 10
8, found by (6 + 10)/2
1.1547 found by
[1/(10 6)](10 6) = 1
0.75, found by [1/(10 6)](10 7)
0.5, found by [1/(10 6)](9 7) (LO2&3)
3.5, found by (2 + 5)/2
SAMPLING METHODS AND THE CENTRAL LIMIT THEOREM
Systematic random sampling
303 Louisiana, 5155 S. Main, 3501 Monroe, 2652 W. Central
Answers will vary
630 Dixie Hwy, 835 S. Mc
ESTIMATION AND CONFIDENCE INTERVALS
51.314 and 58.686, found by 55 2.58 10 / 49
38.911 and 41.089, found by 40 1.96 5 / 81
1.581, found by X 5 / 10
The population is normally distributed and the population variance is known.
A SURVEY OF PROBABILITY CONCEPTS
0.176 found by 6/34
0.40, found by 2/5
Charles Mendoza is in charge of recruiting, training and supervising staff. He
manages budgets, enhances profitability by organising and delivering an appropriate
range of fitness activities and programs, and keeps financial records.
IMPACTS OF FRENCH IMMERSION ON ENGLISH
Audience: This report would be beneficial for French immersion elementary school teachers
and English immersion high school/university teachers/instructors.
This report identifies the effec
I propose Capilano University offer the workshop Creative Cell-phone Photography. This will
help students of the University to discover all of their cell-phones camera-features, and it will
B Y M ARIANA C OIMBRA S ILVEIRA
S TUDENT N UMBER : 1001139790
Strategic Management NABU 504 Session 61
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Trends and Megatrends: Concepts.4
Trends, Megatrends, Supertrends and Competi
VariCuts Strategic Choice
BUSINESS ON FIRE
ANA PAULA ROCHA, GABRIELA RODRIGUEZ, MARIANA COIMBRA, JOSU OCHOA
Summary of present situation
Paragraph of 300 words
Evaluating VariCuts External Environment.
Findings of the External Environmental Analysis, para
NABU 504 SECTION 61 PAPER 3 VALUE CHAIN ANALYSIS
Requirements and Tips for Paper 3:
Overall page limit: 1.5 spaced, 5 to 8 pages (1800 to 3000 words)
Submission deadline: November 10 @ 11:55 pm
Mandatory in-class groupwork/meetings: Mondays, October 31 an