DNA, WRAPS AROUND HISTONE CORES TO FORM NUCLEOSOMES First of many
levels of chromatin organization, ie folding up.
More folding, as in the 30-300 nm patterns above, generally
= less active DNA. Genes in folded up regions usually not expressed at least in
Transcription: RNA polymerases make RNA copies of DNA genes
RNA Secondary Structure ie, Base-Pairing with itself: Important in ribosomal & transfer RNA.
RNA molecules usually come as single strands but left in their environment they fold themselves into t
Quiz 5, Biology 12, 4/21/2015. Name: _
1. _ Process(es) that produces mRNA
2. _ Ribose nucleotide triphosphates used as substrates
3. _ A polymerase enzyme is used
4. _ Process(es) occurs in the nucleus
5. _ Process(es) occurs in the cytoplasm