1. Nonrandom mating occurs when certain individuals contribute more to the next
generation than others.
2. Males with albinism do not work in the fields for fear of sunburn, so they stay back with
the women and reproduce more passing down the t
1. It is a mobile army of about 2 trillion cells, the biochemicals they release, and
the organs where they are produced and stored. Genes confer immunity by
providing susceptibilities or resistances to certain infectious diseases.
2. An antigen
1. Proteins consist of one or more long chains of amino acids called
polypeptides. Some functions are to transport iron in the blood, provide
immunity, digest food, clot blood, regulate glucose, form skin, hair and
muscle; and enable cells to m
1. Males have XY and females have XX
2. Males. XX and SRY gene will cause females to be born that develop maleness
at puberty. XY but no SRY will cause females to be born.
3. Males are heterogametic because they are XY (two different sex
1. Genetics is the study of inherited traits and their variation. Genealogy
considers relationships but not traits.
2. No, they also include behavior, quirks, talents etc.
3. Genes are units of heredity, which is the transmission of inherited tr
All stages of development.
Sperm and oocyte
The clitoris is similar to the penis. They both release a sex cell.
The epididymis. They are located outside of the abdomen because it is a
cooler location needed for sperm to develop.
1. Type S and Type R. One type of bacteria could convert into another bacteria
type, called transformation.
2. Avery isolated DNA from heat-killed type S bacteria and injected it with type
R bacteria into mice. DNA passed from type S bacteria in
2. Polygenic- traits determined by more than one gene. Ex- eye color
Multifactorial traits- a trait determined by several genes and the
environment. Ex- lung cancer
3. It means, the combined action of many traits produces a shades of grey
diploid cells- somatic, haploid cells- sperm and egg
A stem cell give rise to differentiated cells and replicate themselves.
The Archaea, the Bacteria, and the Eukarya. We are Eukarya. Prokaryotes are
members of the archaea and b
1. Autosome. No. Yes
2. He was the first thinker to probe the underlying rules of logic that make it
possible to predict inheritance of specific traits.
3. They are easy to grow, develop quickly, and have many traits that take one of
2. Lethal allele is a genotype that causes death. Ex.- achondroplastic dwarfism.
Any stage of development or life.
3. Incomplete dominance- The heterozygous phenotype is intermediate
between that of either homozygote. Familial hypercholest