Coastl ine Community College
S tart T ime: 12:28: 04 PM
End T ime: 1:58:04 PM
T ime W arning
Q uestion P rogress
108 ou t of 108
S eaport Q uiz I E xam:
SPCH-C11 0 F inal
7. 50 p ercent o r m ore o f o ur c ommunication t ime i s s pent s pe
The ones in red I'm sure are correct, the ones in bold I'm pretty sure are correct.
7. 50 percent or more of our communication time is spent speaking. False
8. The only reason that a person may not hear well is because they are either deaf or hard of hear
2. Purchasing or borrowing a speech prepared by another person as if were your own without attribution is called paraphrasing.
3. Aristotle said that the audience is the end and object of the speech.
4. You sho
101. A speech of recognition should:
<:) Explain the criteria of the award
Describe how or why someone achieved the award <:) Establish the credibility of the speaker IE) Explain the criteria of the award AND establish the credibility of the speaker
1. Elements at play when considering a speech's physical setting would include: location, size of room, seating arrangement, distance between audience and speaker, time of day, room temperature, and lighting. The audience in a smaller room setting will ha
Andrew Brown Student # C02234882 Speech Analysis and Outline 10/18/2011 Speech Analysis Part I The Speakers Goal: To inform the general public that War is not the answer. Helen Keller is trying to inform people that the government uses them as a tool of w
Andrew Brown Student ID# C02234882 Persuasive Speech Outline 10/20/2011 Forbidden Plant with Sweet Fruit Introduction: Marijuana for too long has been given a bad rap. I believe that marijuana should be legalized and treated in the same respect as tobacco
Denise Betancourt Discussion Questions Speech 110 Student ID: C02167117 Chapter 9 Question 1
What are the various methods for displaying visual aids?. Is the chalkboard is an appropriate method to use when the equipment for a computer-based presentation i
1. Speaking expressively is important during public speaking so that you sound a bit more dramatic than you would in casual conversation.
2. Purchasing or borrowing a speech prepared by another person as if were your own
1. Part 1: you will have 10 choices for questions about the material covered in this exam. Choose any 5 of them. Answer each one in a single, well-developed paragraph. (10 points each) Use specific examples to support your assertions. What are some elemen