1. Match the name with the identification.
elegant outdoor entertainment
defined as a "reminder of mortality"
style that is lighthearted with curving forms
decorations with curving lines and swirling shapes
state sponsored art scholarship
1. Atmospheric perspective
water-based pigments absorbed by plaster
variations of color and clarity caused by distance
contrast of dark and light in a painting
The political/social system that typified the Middle-Ages
water-based pigments a
1. MATCHING: questions 1-9 are matching, match the name with the
Thickly applied paint
Fooling the eye with its 3-D reality
Used with oil medium to make paint transparent
Depicting scenes from everyday life
1. Cubism was the joint invention of two men, Picasso and Cezanne.
2. Blue was chosen by Der Blaue Reiter because the cofounders of the group,
Vassily Kandinsky and Frank Marc, considered blue the color of spirituality.
3. Europes mo
1. The philosophic/aesthetic concept of the late 20th century that rejects
mainstream art and celebrates artistic pluralism is called:
2. The leading creator of Happenings in the 1960?s was:
1. Match the name with the identification below
opposite hue on the color wheel
a studio or workshop
an early photographic process
it began in 18th Century Britain
2. Match the name with the identification below