Take Home Test 2
1. Becoming eligible to vote and the qualifications for voting; the major differences between
the two major parties; become more well-informed about politics.
There are some differences between the two major parties. First, religion and m
- The Federalists wrote the Federalist Papers to encourage states
to approve the Constitution
1. Do you think most American believe in the ideas of Hobbes
or Locke? What institutions or law in this country back up
I think most American believ
Extra Credit : Roosevelt
Theodore Roosevelt born in New York City on October 27, 1858, Theodore "Teddy"
Roosevelt was governor of New York before becoming U.S. vice president. At age 42, Teddy
Roosevelt became the youngest man to assume the U.S. presidenc
Take Home Test 1
Government - Political Systems
1. President DeGalling of France followed Republican, so it is different with democratic
system. There are some advantages and disadvantages of Republican.
+ Democratic means rule by people.
+ Republic repre
The Political Book Report, "All the Kings Men," by Robert Penn Warren
All the King's Men is the story of the rise and fall of a political titan in the Deep South
during the 1930s. Willie Stark rises from hardscrabble poverty to become governo
Chapter 1: What should we know about American Government?
3. List and briefly summarize the three meanings of Democracy
Three Meanings of Democracy:
1. Democratic Centralism: Where those in the power ascertain the true will and interes
1. One of the problems of liberty is that one person's liberty sometimes conflicts with
another's liberty and one must take precedence. How would you resolve the following
conflicts between rights of the individuals and why?
1. Do you think most American believe in the ideas of Hobbes or Locke?
What institutions or law in this country back up your choice?
I think most American believe in the ideas of Locke. The Declaration of
Independence written by Thomas Jefferson is my evi