Is teaching harder than it was in the past?
What would you do to make the kids nowadays better
focus on study when their attention is constantly
distracted online and offline? (
) With the rap
According to the lecture, ; this contradicts the points in the reading that
Contrary to the belief in the passage that, the professor asserts that
The author of the pas
Document A: Pericles (Modified)
The following excerpt is from a speech known as The Funeral Oration,
delivered by the Athenian general and politician Pericles in 431 BCE.
Pericles was widely seen as the leader of Athens. He gave this speech
during a funer
Major goals of the framers of the constitution (p.37)
Constitutional provisions for limited government (p.39)
Checks and balances of the US government (p.40)
Bill of Rights
Democracy versus Republic (p.45)
I. Historical Background
1950 - President Hr_ry Truman ( 'til 1952) approves production of the hydrogen bomb
and Sends air force and navy to Korea in June.
1951 - Transcontinental television begins with a speech by Pres. Truman.
Dwight D. Ei
Author 3 Background Information: August Wilson
- August Wilson was named Frederick August Kittel
- he was born to a German father and an African American mother in 1945.
- Wilson was born and raised in Pittsburgh, PA.
- His father drifted in an
Last Name 1
Prof. Alex Tavares
Though Fortunato is an intelligent wine expert, his expertise leads him to his death. In
Italian the word Fortunato means fortunate, something that he is not by the end of t
English II- Vocabulary Unit 12
Choosing the Right Word
1. Alexander the Greats meteoric career of world conquest made an (indelible, indulgent) impression on the
thoughts and institutions of antiquity.
2. Taking 3rd place in the 100-meter dash in the trac
6 October 2012
The Formatting of a Thesis Paper
1. Introductory Statement: Begin with a quote or anecdote to interest the reader
2. Short Biography: Who What Where When
Then, give a brief explanati
REPORT FOR EXPERIMENT 2
1. Water at room temperature
2. Boiling point
3. Ice water
After stirring for 1 minute
4. Ice water with salt added
1. 250 mL beaker
. 125 mL Erlenmeyer ask
3. Weighing paper or
DO NOT GO GENTEL INTO THAT GOOD NIGHT"
By: Dylan Thomas
Do not go gentletinto that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of clay;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words h
Does working with others lead to better
results than acting as an individual?
Tremendous numbers of people in America, if
not the world, are ardently embracing the
prodigious efficiency, yet in fact, they have
THE GOTHIC NOVEL
- Gothic genre had only been around since 1754
, , eheeee ere
. _ I I . ,7 a 4,.ng .r . 31 r in WI 353%. t. Dykgh w
- First Gothic horror novel: ewhe the . th e cfw_Meta .cfw_e here cfw_My ttttetetgh; h e
- Last Gothic novel
001. Most of these leaders were involved in
public life as reformers, activists working for
women's right to vote, or authors, and were not
representative at all of the great of ordinary
The word "representative" is closest in