9 CHAPTER QUIZ FILL IN THE BLANK
1. A continuum of sanctions is a range of correctional management strategies based on the degree
of Intrusiveness and Control over the offender.
2. Performance measurement makes sure programs are having their intended effe
8 CHAPTER QUIZ FILL IN THE BLANK
1. The ability to influence a persons actions in a desired direction without resorting to force is
known as Authority.
2. Motivational Interviewing increases the effectiveness of correctional treatment by having the
Chapters 4 QUIZ: FILL IN THE BLANK
1. _Incapacitation_ assumes that society can remove an offenders capacity to commit
further crimes by detention in prison or by execution.
2. Retribution espouses that an offender should be punished proportion _ to the g
The Early History of Correctional Thought and Practice
1. The purpose of punishment as a public spectacle was:
a. immediate deterrence
b. specific deterrence.
c. exhibition of the sovereigns power.
d. both crime control
CHAPTER 11 QUIZ FILL IN THE BLANK
1. The Disorganized Criminal is not able to develop the role orientation of doing time, gleaning,
The prison diet and daily routine is monotonous.
3. A Gorilla or Wolf in the prison inmate culture considere
CHAPTER 10 QUIZ FILL IN THE BLANK
1. A prison designed and organized to permit inmates and visitors as much freedom as is consistent
with the concept of incarceration is a Minimum Security prison.
2. Administrators believe that elderly inmates should rema
CHAPTER 6 QUIZ FILL IN THE BLANK
1. Martin and Yablonsky describe a situational offender as one who made a mistake and paid a
debt to Society for that mistake.
2. Prostitution is more an Economic crime than a sexual crime.
3. Alcoholics produce more disas