1. Why is fusion such a difficult task to achieve? Why is our sun so successful in
providing us energy via fusion reactions? (Hinrichs #2, p526)
Fusion is such a difficult task to achieve because very
Homework Assignment #1
1. Q: How many pizzas are consumed each year in the United States?
A: There are several ways to go about estimating the answer to this. First, I assumed that every
person in the United States consumes about 1 piz
1. Questions asked:
1. What are the main sources of energy for the United States?
2. What do you think is the most efficient energy source and why?
3. In what ways do you conserve energy?
4. Do you think we have enough energ
1. This bet is based off of the pretty famous scenario often called the Monty Hall
Scenario. So basically I would give my friend three cups (that you can not see
through) and a quarter and have me guess which of the three cu
a.) A tax on the amount of carbon dioxide that is released into the atmosphere. The good thing
about a carbon tax is that it encourages alternatives, raises revenue, makes people pay the
social cost, and ultimately helps
NPRE Homework 7
1. #74 What is acid rain?
Acid rain is an acidic rain that is caused by emissions of sulfur dioxide and nitrogen oxide
that react with water molecules in the atmosphere. The main cau