1. Rational choice theory started during the middle ages when the popular view was that Satans
offspring needed to be burned at the stake until the renaissance, when Hobbes suggested the
existence of a social contract, in where each citizen would give up
Are Sex Offender Laws Effective?
1. I do not think sex offender laws should be abandoned. While the research that Zgoba and Bachar
conducted led to the conclusion that the law did not produce effective results, I still believe it is
imperative to have the
What is Criminology?
Criminology is the scientific approach to studying criminal behavior. 5 aspects:
1. Body of knowledge regarding crime as a social phenomenon
2. The development of criminal law and its use to define crime
3. The cause of law violations