Morrie Assignment #1
Read chapters on The Curriculum; The Syllabus and the Student and
The Fourth Tuesday.Answer the following questions.
1. Who is Mitch Albom?
Mitch is Morries former student from Brandeis University. He is the
narrorator. At the beginni
1) There are a few common sensory impairments that cause older adults to have
delusions and become paranoid. A few of these impairments include a decline in
hearing and a loss of vision. These impairments put a person at risk for paranoia.
GERI FINAL EXAM
Main reason for visit: annual physical
Health goals for next year: stay alive
Previous care: Riderwood Village Medical Center
o Td, Tdap, Chicken pox illness, pneumonia (2015), flu shot (2015), Hepatitis
1) In 2 paragraphs, compare and contrast two (2) Theories of
Aging. Use 1 paragraph to compare, 1 paragraph to contrast.
2) An older person is homebound with severe arthritis. His family
works during the day and he is
home alone. What nutritional and hydr
Morrie Assignment #2
1) What were the "professor" lessons beginning on page 108. Are they
applicable to the role of a geriatric nurse? Why
One of the lessons we can learn from Morrie is that people just want
someone to notice them. People are drawn to pe
1) Factors to consider when caring for a patient with osteoporosis:
a. Patient has low bone mass predisposing to an increased risk of
b. Diseases or medications such as renal failure and heparin can cause
c. Risk include increases a
Resources in the Clemson area and in South Carolina to assist older adults and
families dealing with Alzheimers:
1) Alzheimers Association- Anderson, South Carolina
a. Focus: To eliminate Alzheimer's disease through the advancement of
research; to provide
types of Dementia
of symptoms that can be caused
by numerous disorders.
Syndrome which refers to progressive
decline in intellectual functioning
severe enough to interfere