Homework Chapter 9
1. A project consists of five activities:
A. Excavating a trench
B. Laying a subbase of gravel
C. Laying a concrete pipe
Assume the length of the pipe is 1,000 LF and that the
January 29, 2017
1. The Miller Act gives a criteria for bonding of federally funded projects. For Performance
Bonds, 100% of the contractors amount should be covered. For Payment Bonds, the
criteria is as follo
CH 8 Homework
1. Develop and plot a bar chart for the activity data shown in problem 8.3 in the text.
CH 8 Homework
2. The table below shows the original schedule for a four-story building.
CH 15 Homework
Answer the following questions true (T) or false (F):
a. _F_ Some state laws authorize use of closed shops.
b. _F_ A union can legally strike a job site in order to enforce the provision of a subcontracto
CH 14 Homework
1. A customer estimates that he is getting 30 cubic yards (loose) of gypsum in his scraper.
Determine the percent overload if the load estimate is correct. The maximum load
capacity of the scraper is 84,000
CH 4 Homework
Explain what is meant by the term building information model. Find an example of a
project on which a building information model was used successfully, and briefly
summarize the project and the benefits in
Homework Chapter 7
1. Explain what is meant by the term building information model. Find an example of a project on
which a building information model was used successfully, and briefly summarize the project and
Homework Chapter 4
1. Answer question 4.5 from your text.
Unbalancing a bid means that the contractor will charge more for the initial items and then charge less
for the later items. This is practiced under unit-price contr
Homework Chapter 3
1. What events typically signify the opening and closing of the bidding period for a project?
The issuance of the notice to proceed opens the bidding period and then there is a set time period after
Homework Chapter 8
1. Develop and plot a bar chart for the activity data shown in problem 8.3 in the text. (You do NOT
need to solve Problem 8.3 at this time, just draw the bar chart.)
2. The table below shows the original
Homework Chapter 15
1. Answer Review Question 15.6 in your text.
2. The base
Homework Chapter 16
1. Using the CWCCIS, estimate the following:
a. A dam was built in Washington in 2000 for $35,200,211.
(i) How much would it cost to build a similar dam in North Carolina in 2010?
(ii) How much to build
Homework Chapter 1
1.) There have been many construction marvels throughout human history. A few are mentioned in
Chapter 1 in your text. Select an historical project not discussed in your text and discuss the
Homework Chapter 2
1. Answer Review Question 2.7 in the text.
The Miller Act is an amendment that establishes the level of bonding required for federally funded
projects and says that in some cases and always in government
Page 1 of 2
1. Answer the following True or False
2. The base wage of a worker is $24.00 per hour. What is the direct cost (not
including fringes and taxes) per productive hour under if the worker will
work the second