Small Group and Large Group Instruction
1. Describe the six types of small group activities discussed in the chapter.
-exploratory playactivities in which children carry out firsthand investigations of people,
1. Why is careful planning important? How does it affect children, their
families, and yourself?
-you need to know why you are teaching, what you are teaching, and how you
are going to teach
Feb 17th Guiding Questions
Kostelnik Ch. 15
1. Describe the four elements of the social domain as discussed in this
-social skillsinteracting with others
-socializationadopting the values, beliefs, customs, and rules of society
Literacy and Language Guiding Questions
1. What are three terms from Figure 13.1 on pg. 242 that you were not familiar
with before reading this chapter? List the terms and their definitions.
-alphabetic stage of writingvowels appear in chil
1. How does involvement in the arts benefit young children?
-enhances childrens cognitive, social-emotional, and perceptual abilities
-provides opportunities for children to work together and learn to appreciate each
1. What are some important considerations when selecting materials for an early
-complete and ready to use
-providing firsthand expe
Assessment and Communicating with Families
1. Reflect on the four purposes for assessment described in the chapter. Which of these
do you believe is most important for the classroom teacher?
-inform instructionimproved instruction is the
1. How do teachers help guide children in developing self-regulation?
2. Explain the differences between adherence, identification, and intern
Anna Claire Freeman, 1
Anna Claire Freeman
January 25, 2010
The Individual Family Service Plan, commonly known as the IFSP, is a service
meant to help families with young children who require special needs. The IFSP f