Chapter 11 reading quiz 1
What feature lies off of Australia s northeastern coast and contributes to southeastern Australia s mild climate by directing warm west-flowing currents to the south? Selected Answer: Correct Answer: Question 2 Great Barrier
Chapter 9 reading quiz 1
Many of the varied landforms in China, particularly the large mountain ranges, have been the work of an ongoing collision between Eurasia and what subcontinent? Selected Answer: Correct Answer: Question 2 India India
1 of 1
Chapter 8 reading quiz 2
The regional conflict in which of the following areas tends to pit Sikhs and Hindus against each other? Selected Answer: Correct Answer: Question 2 Punjab Punjab
1 of 1 points The regional conflict over Kashmir primarily inv
Study Guide CHAPTER 7: SUB-SAHARAN AFRICA
1. The ratio of Kenyans with mobile phones is:
2. What does the word Ushahidi mean in Swahili?
3. Ushahidi was originally designed to share information quickly about which of the
4. In 2012, sub-
CHAPTER 6: NORTH AFRICA AND SOUTHWEST ASIA
1. The region of North Africa and Southwest Asia is part of what two continents?
2. Which is NOT a country of the North Africa/Southwest Asia region?
3. Which of the following best describes the stan
Study Guide: CHAPTER 4 - EUROPE
1. According to the textbook, western Europe includes all of the following
2. The collective term used to refer to the group of countries that includes Bulgaria,
Croatia, Serbia, Slovenia, and others is _
Study Guide: CHAPTER 5 RUSSIA AND THE POST-SOVIET STATES
1. The current president of Russia is:
2. After staging a comeback in 2012, the president of Russia is now serving his
3. The feminist punk band Pussy Riot did which of the following politic
2 out of 2 points
Through which ocean does the longitude line at 180 run?
0 out of 2 points
What is the problem with shifting cultivation?
It does not
Chapter 9 reading quiz 2
In Chinese society, a person seeking to do business with strangers is likely to rely on which of the following to act on her or his behalf in such dealings? Selected Answer: Correct Answer: Question 2 Guarantor Guarantor
Chapter 10 reading quiz 1
According to the explanation in the textbook, how do periodic El Nio events help to create drought in Southeast Asia? Selected Answer: Correct Answer: Question 2 Cooling ocean temperatures Cooling ocean temperatures
1 of 1
Chapter 11 reading quiz 2
Which of the following is NOT among Australia s main environmental problems? Selected Answer: Correct Answer: Question 2 Nuclear waste spills Nuclear waste spills
1 of 1 points Which of the following is the dominant land us
Chapter 10 reading quiz 2
Which of the following religions is the only native religion of Southeast Asia, based on the traditional belief system of the original settlers of the region? Selected Answer: Correct Answer: Question 2 Animism Animism