Word 2003 Basics
1. Students will be able to open and close a Word document. 2. Students will be able to edit a
Word document. 3. Students will become familiar with toolbars in Word. 4. Students will practice
Students in fifth grade will focus on using application tools to produce a product. They will begin by
improving keyboarding and by practicing using word processors, presentation software, search strategies
with browsers, and spreadsheet
MS Word Intro
1. Open and close Micrsoft Word program. 2. Add text to a Word Document. 3. Insert clip art and
1. Introduce lesson by telling students we will be learning about
Microsoft Word today. Explain that we will
Bulleted Christmas List
1. Tell students we are going to create Christmas lists today. Play
YouTube video of Kelly Clarkson singing, "My Grown Up Christmas List"
for inspiration. You can play the video for the whole class at the
SmartBoard or let them wat
1. Begin discussion by asking students how many of them have
Facebook or Twitter accounts or do some type of instant messaging at
home on their computers. Tell students we will discuss how to be safe
2. Ask students to give e
Add Text Boxes
1. Create Word document with WordArt, Clip Art, and Text Boxes.
1. Tell students we will continue our work with Microsoft Word. Have
students open the program at their desktop in a computer lab.
2. I made a YouT
1. Create table in Microsoft Word. 2. Insert and format WordArt. 3. Insert and format Clip Art. 4.
Page Setup: Landscape.
1. Tell students we will learn a new skill today in Microsoft Word, add a
table. Instruct s
Format Clip Art 2010
1. Demonstrate proper keyboarding by typing poem, "Fall is Here", and playing Spider Typer. 2.
Add and format clip art. 3. Text Alignment
1. Review proper keyboarding technique with students. "Feet toward