Chapter 24 SI Population Genetics (and Ch 5 maternal effect)
Explain Genetic Maternal Effect and Cytoplasmic Inheritance. (ch 5)
What are the predictions and assumptions in the Hardy-Weinberg Law
What is the equation for the HW Law?
Genetics SI - Chapter 3
1) List 5 reasons why Mendel was successful (try not to use your book!).
2) Match the term with its correct definition.
a. An individual organism possessing two different alleles at a locus
b. An attribute or feature
c. A genetic f
Genetics Chapter 18: mutations
1. How are mutations used to help in understanding basic biological processes?
2. What are the different types of Gene mutations and how they affect the organism?
3. Explain the phenotypic effects of Mutations
4. Explain pro
Chapter 16 - Gene Expression and Regulation
What are the different Gene Regulatory Elements? Describe the function of each
What are the levels of Gene regulation
Describe the structure and Function of an Operon
Describe Negative and Positive C
SI Worksheet Ch 9 Linkage and recombination in prokaryotes
2. bacterial phenotypes
5. mapping with conjugation
5. transformation and mapping
6. transduction and mapping
7. cycles of infection by a phage.
BIO 2306 SI - Chapter 2
1. Why do cells need to divide?
2. What happens when a prokaryote is undergoing cell division? Draw the steps and explain each step in your
3. The cell cycle! Describe what occurs in each phase.
4. Draw and label parts o
Ch 8: Changes in chromosome number and structure
1. What are the three basic categories of Chromosome Mutations?
2. Name each of the different kinds of mutations and draw how they differ.
3. Explain Deletion and the two main topics that go with it.
Chapter 7: Three Point Test Crosses
A wild type fruit fly was crossed with a scarlet, ebony, and spineless fly (all recessive traits). The progeny
and their genotypes are below.
Chapter 5 Worksheet
1) Match each of the following terms with its correct definition:
_ polygenic trait
_ sex limited trait
_ genetic maternal effect
_ genomic imprinting
2) LM and LN at the MN blood group locus ex
BIO 2306 SI Worksheet
1) Mark the following statements as true or false and correct all false statements.
a. As the number of Xs increases, developmental and mental problems decrease
b. Fertility genes are located on autosomal chromosomes