Econ 2306 Homework #2
True or False
1. Evaluating normative statements involves values as well as facts.
2. "Minimum wage laws result in unemployment is a normative statement, while the minimum
wage should be higher is a positive statement.
A random variable x represents a numerical value
associated with each outcome of a probability distribution.
A random variable is discrete if it has a finite or c
More Practice Problems
You work for a pharmaceutical firm planning to introduce a new over-the-counter drug on the market. In
your analysis, you consider the possibility that one or both of two close competitors, companies A and B,
will enter the marke
Mankiw 6th Edition p19-20 Odd Problems
A family deciding whether to buy a new car faces a trade-off between the cost of
the car and other things they might want to buy. For example, buying the car
might mean they must give up going on vacation for t
Extending the Multiplication Law: Bayes Theorem
Some people confuse the conditional probabilities P(A|B) and P(B|A). There is a
consequence of the laws of probability that relates these conditional probabilities so that one
can be derived from the other,
Name: Zelong Lin
Beginning Tennis LF 1181
Assignment 3 (Chapter 3)
1. The three forehand grips are: _eastern_, _western_, and _semi-western_.
2. Serves and volleys are done using what grip on what bevel? _continental_ and 2_.
3. The eastern forehand is on
Aimone Eco 2306 Homework #3
100 200 300 400 500 600 700 800
1) Refer to Figure 4-15. At the equilibrium price,
200 units would be supplied and demanded.
400 units would be supplied and dema
STA 2381 Probability Practice Problems Spring 2015
1. From data collected over the last two years, the probability that a salesperson in your company
will exceed his or her quota in a given month is 0.89. What is the probability that a salesperson
Even MORE Probability Practice Problems
1. A card is drawn from a standard deck. What is the probability the card is an ace given that it is a
2. A card is drawn from a standard deck. Given that the face card is drawn, wh