Confucianism (Human Relationships)
1. Philosophy religion of China
2. Influences Chinese society for 2,500 years
3. Found in: mainland China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Macao
4. Focused on Human Relationships:
a. Humanism: Man is the c
1. Persian, Arabic
Land of the Hindus = India
2. Religion and culture heritage: To be an Indian= to be a Hindu.
3. Difficult to define. No founder, no creed, no uniformity.
Evolutionary, fluid. League of religions.
4. Extreme polyth
1. Two reactions to the harshness of Hinduism (reform Hinduism)
2. Jainism, Mahavira =founder
3. Buddhism, Buddha = founder
Mahavira tried to find a better way of release from Samsara=self- denial.
Mahavira: great hero
Born 599 B.C.
Buddhism: enlightened one
- Used to soften the harnesses of Hinduism
The 3 Noble Truths (Enlightenment)
1. Fact of suffering
2. The cause of suffering
3. The cure of suffering
- Death is the ultimate cure
- 8 Fold Path
Buddhism Background: (Buddh
What is Religion?
1. Latin (religio): to treat with care, to unite.
2. Virtue: worship & reverence to God as creator & supreme ruler.
3. Set of beliefs that answer lifes ultimate questions
4. Biblical: pure religion is to visit orphans & w
Reflective Bible Study on
My passage is John 9:35-41. This passage depicts the aftermath of Jesuss healing the
man who was born blind. I read this passage three times, each time in a different translati
Christian Spirituality: Small Group Bible Study
By the end of this small group discussion, I would like each person in the group to
realize that Jesus seeks our good, not our destruction, and that we all have experience
Christian Spirituality: Spiritual History
1) I was raised a Seventh-Day Adventist Christianbut Im sure you already knew that.
2) As you can imagine, time with my dad was very focused on spiritual things. Wed pray before every
April 4, 2016
How should a true Christian, Seventh-day Adventist keep the Sabbath?
From sunset on Friday evening to sunset Saturday evening, a true Christian, Seventh-day
Adventist is taught to remember the Sabbath. The word remember comes fro