:Musuras of LOCah'a-n >
52m: cfical Value d-Hmn ue,
(that Of H'b dad ($ tai-
escnbes cfw_+5 locah'm retain.
Wig ah e"
-Hlelc/ 35 Only one lid 0'0 sum adage,
minimum Q maximum
- MeasureJ of Cent-ad
IF 5. 952 cfw_ayed WJWBMJZ
M441) Stud >
6(Qv51' 35ng EJM'I!
4.) am, KL his 2 cfw_EMS s-lcdzd lama, How man] wars
can (no Poi Ptooo IF he ha; (a Plooo
004's1 6 C: q C 5 C.
2'. (C0. C1 .SCJl Hdd
12. Consider the following illustration in which the target represents the true value of the parameter of interest, while
the different shots represent the different estimatesusing an estimatOr. Which of the following illustrate(s) precise
@*@i p "
For numbers 6 and 7: ' ~
The Green Hut pizza company wanted to provide more satisfaction to their customers. To do this, they conducted a
study on the characteristics of their customers. Some of the variables measured are the following.
F total n
For numbers 1 7 and 18
The university is in search for tall students to serve as ag bearers m a university parade Eight hundred freshman
students were drawn randomly mm a population of 3000 freshmen. Their heights Were obtained
yielding an average of 164
18. The Xvalue of the test statistic is Bcomputed as_
0.65 0.50 . 0.50 0.65 0.65 .050 0.-50 0.65
Xio. so (0 so) B'.l0 5o (0 so) C,70_ 551(0. 35) D'fo. 65(0. 35)
100 100 100
19. Suppose the null hypothesis is rejected, what would be the appropriate conclus
FIRST SEMESTER, AY 20112012
05 OCTOBER 2011
Diane L. Belem
- 0; 19'79;
x r /
18. Therese took the UPCAT last August, 2010. She was informed that her score was in the 8'0I percentile. Which of
the following is(are) TRUE? _ ' . , '
I. Twenty percent of ll examinees have scores higher than,Thereses.
"II. Eighty percent of the questi
* The imallcl reman: zeoe oFZ,1-bc " 3 w 70 SWJ/G '5st 90 i 4;
is me manon 0(- K
523%, 95$:an G 3outa+ion mean can be eshmaiccl
, - ya
,on a]; (99 me Foown : sarngb meow
Number 0F 4055 de? - m. ,_ ~ " sampte modal mtue SaM.(IlC m
21. SUPPOse a test of hypothesis isdohe to compare the mean mileage of cars under these three types 0' converters,
which of the following is(are) the appropriate alternative hypothesis(es)?
I. Cars with different types of converters have the same mean mil
42. The expected number of cars rented at any given day is .
X 2.08 B. 2.50 c. 3.00 .- D. 5.00
43. The standard deviation of the number of cars rented per day is (rounded off to 2 decimal places).
)6 1.06 B. 1.11 C. 1.83 D. 3.36
15. Which of the following is(are) TRUE?
I. The events E1 and E2 are not independent.
II. The events E, and E; are mutually exclusive.
A. [only B. u only Bothlandii D. NeitherlnorII
16. Which of the following is(are) TRUE?
1. The negatively skewed distr
29. The appropriate test procedure to be used in performing the test of hypothesis is for one population mean.
% one-tailed t-test C. one-tailed approximate Z-test
B. two-tailed t-test D. two-tailed approximate Z-test
30. The computed value of the ap
. E = n 1"
For numbers 47 and 48: , ~
A market researcher wanted to test whether the four brands of coffee are equally preferred by the students in a certain
university. Hetook a random sample of 200 students and found that 60 preferred My coee,l43 prefer
9. A point estimate of the true variance of the weight loss for fruits of variety B is .
5y 0.175 B. 0.267 C. 0.418 D. 0.516
10. A point estimate of the true proportion of fruits that had no weight loss for variety A Is
A.0 B.0.1'* C.0.2 9.0.4
A I . 'V I . F us
First Semester, AY 2011-2012
05 October 2011
INSTRUCTIONS: DONOT DETACH ANY SHEET FROM THIS EXAM PAPER. On the answer sheet
provided (see last sheet), ENCIRCLE and SHADE the letter corresponding to the best answer