Ethnic Notions is a 1987 documentary film directed by Marlon Riggs. It examines anti
Black stereotypes that justified popular culture. This film reveals to the audience the
disturbing history during t
Midterm Study Guide Fall 2009
1. What were the three overlapping types of resistance?
Covert, active, passive
2. What is covert resistance?
3. What is active resistance?-activily resisting a force (physical)
4. What is passive resistance?non violent oppos
History 210: African American History
Section 001: 11:00am-11:50am MWF
Section 002 12:00pm-12:50pm MWF
Office phone: 36-4886
Office: HHH 712
Email: [email protected]
Office hours: W 3-5 F 3-4pm, or by appointment
Spring 2010 History 210
Study guide: Midterm II
During Reconstruction, Klan violence was linked to what rationales?
What drew people to the Klan (Secret History of the Klan video, Backfire)?
How did the Klan feel about Catholics? Why?
What was the
1. Why (what incident) does Ida B. Wells become an anti-lynching
3 black men were arrested for self-defense and dragged to a jail and
then executed in a mob.
2. What was her first profession? What was the profession that
she was throughout her c