IEOR 165 Lecture 4
Some Linear Regression Examples
Linear regression is an important method, and so we discuss a few additional examples. First,
recall that a linear model given by
y = m x + b + ,
where x R is a single predictor, y R is the
IEOR 165 Midterm
March 14, 2017
1. Show your intermediate steps.
2. You are allowed a single 8.5x11 inch note sheet.
3. Calculators are allowed.
1. Suppose we have measured stress and deflec
1. Suppose 5 different hypothesis tests have been conducted, with p-values of: Test 1
(p = 0.07), Test 2 (p = 0.001), Test 3 (p = 0.015), Test 4 (p = 0.005), Test 5
(p = 0.05).
(a) Using the Bonferroni correction, which tests should be accepted or rejecte
IEOR 165 Practice Questions for Midterm
1. Suppose we have measured pairs of price for a single can versus number of pop cans purchased.
The data of price for a single can is 1.00, 1.20, 1.10, 1.15, 1.05, 0.95 and the data for number
of pop cans purchased
Based on pharmacokinetic
(1) Based on the lead compound
Varying polarity and PKa
(2) Based on the target structure
Strategies: Salt formation
Variation of the substituents
(3) Based on th
Chapter2 Drug Targets
Majority of drugs used in medicine today target
on proteins. The crystal structure of a target
1) Instant Notes in Medicinal Chemistry
BIOS Scientific Publishers Limited, 2001
(), 2003. 278 pages.
2) Foyes Principles of Medicinal Chemistry
David A. Williams, Thomas L. Lemke.
4Drug discovery & design
Drug Discovery & Design
A sketch of the drug R&D process
Validated hit se