Study Questions Chapter 5
1. What is philosophy and why is it important?
Philosophy is the study of general and fundamental problems which are often connected with reality,
knowledge, values and reason. Its purpose is to allow us to unders
Chapter 10 Study Questions
1. Define (a) biomechanics and (b) human movement biomechanics.
Biomechanics: The application of mechanical laws of physics and engineering to the motion, structure
and functioning of all living systems
Study Questions Chapter 8
1. Within motor behaviour, explain the differences between motor learning and motor control. (6 marks)
Motor learning assist our understanding of the skills we have learnt so well that they have become an
Chapter 7 Study Questions
1. List and discuss the goals of sociological study of physical activity. (6 marks)
To look at PA with a penetrating gaze that goes beyond our common understanding of social life
To identify and analyse patterns o
Chapter 6 Study Questions
a) What can the study of the history of PA teach us? (3 marks)
It teaches us about the change and stability that occurred in the past in regards to PA, and informs us
about our future decisions.
b) What are the
Chapter 3 Study Questions
1. List four unique characteristics of human physical activity.
Humans are flexible and adaptable due to their unique anatomical make-up. This refers to how the body
can bend, stretch and rotate into countless pos
Study Questions Chapter 2
1. a) What are ADLs and IADLs?
ADLs are activities of daily living, while IADLS are instrumental activities of daily living.
b) Why are ADLs and IADLs important to kinesiologists who work with elderly and disabled
Study Questions Chapter 1
1. What is the difference between movement and physical activity? Give an example of an instance in
which human movement does not meet the technical definition of physical activity.
Any form of physical activity i
Chapter 4: Study Questions
1. Give an example of how an individual might internalize a daily run through the park.
1) A friend invites you to go for a walk through the park. For three days a week, you and your friend walk
the same path eve
Study Questions Chapter 9
1. What are the ABCs that kinesiologists in sport and exercise psychology study? Identify questions that
kinesiologists in this area might study based on these ABCs.
A: Affect How emotions such as anger influence