Discrete Probability Distributions
40. From recent experience, 5 percent of the computer keyboards produced by an automatic, high-speed
machine are defective. What is the probability that out of six keyboards selected at random, exactly zero
HOMEWORK # 2
Select the correct answer for the following questions:
A grouping of data into classes giving the number of observations in each class is called a(an)
a bar chart.
Continuous Probability Distributions
38. The mean of any uniform probability distribution is
A) (b - a)/2
B) (a + b)/2
44. Which of the following is NOT true regarding the normal distribution?
A) Mean, media
Use the following to answer questions 68-78:
Data for selected vegetables purchased at wholesale prices for 1995 and 2007 are shown below.
68. What is the unweighted aggregate price index?
Linear Regression and Correlation
Use the following to answer questions 133-138:
Given the following five points: (2,0), (1,0), (0,1), (1,1), and (2,3).
133. What is the slope of the line?
Estimation and Confidence Intervals
30. A random sample of 85 group leaders, supervisors, and similar personnel revealed that a person spent
an average 6.5 years on the job before being promoted. The population standard deviation was 1.7 years.
Sampling Methods and the Central Limit Theorem
41. An experiment involves selecting a random sample of 256 middle managers at random for study.
The sample mean of the annual income is computed to be $35,420 and the sample standard deviation is
A Survey of Probability Concepts
1. Based on a classical approach, the probability of an event is defined as the number of favorable
outcomes divided by the total number of possible outcomes.
2. If only one of several eve
What is Statistics?
1. A population is a collection of all individuals, objects, or measurements of interest.
2. A sample is a portion or part of the population of interest.
3. To infer something about a population, we usually take a
HOMEWORK # 1
Classify the following sets of data as qualitative or quantitative.
1. The religious affiliations of college students
2. The height of each member of a basketball team