1. What are the three components of the C.I.A. triangle? What are they used for? Name two
additional critical characteristics that are relevant in the study of security and explain
The three components of C.I.A. triangl
1. What is risk management? Why is the identification of risks, by listing assets and
their vulnerabilities, so important to the risk management process?
Answer: Risk Management: The process of identifying risk, assessing its relative
1. Compare and contrast the following different kinds of packet filtering firewalls:
a. Static filtering
In Static packet filtering, the system only looked at packet headers and IP
addresses. Static Filtering did not address application state in
MET CS690 Assignment 4
Your answer to each of these questions should:
not exceed one (1) page in length,
use 12 pt Times Roman font,
be left justified,
margins: Left = 1, right = 1, top = 1 and bottom = 1,
be single spaced with no more that 6pt line
MIS 655-HW (2)
1. What is the difference between threat and vulnerability? Name 2 common man-made threats
and natural threat categories.
Threat: A threat is an agent that may want to or definitely can result in harm to the target
1. What is the difference between illegal acts and unethical acts? Describe an action that
is ethical but illegal? Justify your response. Why is this possible?
Answer: In an illegal act, the decision-making factor is the law agency. For an unethi
What are the 5 areas that need to be covered in the recommended maintenance
model? Explain each briefly.
External monitoring To provide early awareness of new and emerging threats,
threat agents, vulnerabilities, and attacks so organization