1. WHY BECAME TEACHER
After he knew three young volunteers were murdered. He started to realize that he should use education to change people's view and life.
2. FIRST SCHOOL,HOW WERE CHILDREN DISCIPLINED THERE.
-A gloomy-looking, overcrowded
CH6: A Hardening of Lines 1. producedures parents children new York city prestigious schools?advantage wealther better educated predominantly? step1: applications must be filed very early adv. for white parents: during the aplication time, less knowledge
Chapter 11, "Deadly Lies"
1. From what areas of study are future leaders in education policy coming?
Standards-based reform that offer courses in accountability reform. (267)
2. What attitudes in progressive reforms in education during the 1960s and
1. What does Susan Byrd tell Milkman about his grandfather when he first visits
She tells Milkman that her father, Crowell, has a sister named Sing, but she claims that this Sing never married and left Virginia in a wagon headed for Massachusetts, no
1. What does Guitar, as a member of the Seven Days, have to do? Why does this
make him willing to help Milkman steal Pilate's gold?
He has to kill the same amount of white people as the amount of blacks, victims, who were murdered. That is because he has
XIONG XIE PROFESSOR: WILL ENG 1A APR 29, 2009 Song of Solomon Toni Morrison's third novel, Song of Solomon was considered mythical and magical in proportion and theme. Toni Morrison creates a world both realistic and dreamlike, people with amusing,
1. This preservation of favorable variations and the rejection of injurious
variations, i call Natural Selection. Every slight modification, which in the course of ages chanced to arise, and which in any way favored the individuals of any of the species,
1. Changes occurred in seattle's schools following a supreme court decision
Before the decision, the entering ninth grade class at Ballard High was nearly equally divided between whites (55percent) and nonwhites (45 percent). After the decision,
Chapter 12, "Treasured Places"
1. What happed to the mother of Serafina, one of Mr. Bedrock's fifth-grade
students at P. S. 30? Why does this make her more in need of a teacher like Mr. Bedrock? Her mom got AIDS and passed away. Because Serafina would som