Chapter 9 (lecture notes)
I. What Is Evolution
A process of change in the features of individuals that occurs over the course of
An organizing principle of biology
A body of scientifically acceptable general princ
V. The Environment and ADD
A. Do environmental conditions play a role in ADD?
1. In 10 years went from 1 million ADD to 6-11 Million. Biology or environment?
1.a. Better diagnosis?
Easy diagnosis? (is misbehavior always ADD?)
1.c. Result of pressure
I. The Nervous System
A. Structures and Their Functions
1. The nervous system receives information, interprets the information and decides
how you respond to that information.
2. Neurons also called _
2.a. Send signals from cell to cell.
Nerves are b
A. External Male Reproductive Structures
1. Penis delivers sperm
2. Urethra tube inside penis that carries both sperm and urine
3. Glans penis head of penis
4. Scrotum pouch that contains testes
5. Testes (or testicles) produce sperm a