October 23, 2015
Cialis-Case Analysis Midterm
ICOS a young bio-tech startup & Eli Lilly the pharmaceutical giant partner up to produce Cialis
a new male erectile dysfunction (ED) drug to compete with Viagra
1.Internet penetration is the:
a. bandwidth usage in comparison to other forms of digital technology.
b. depth of information covered on each subject available on the Internet.
c. percentage of Internet usage per individual for a given period.
1. Which of the following statements regarding the nature of the business market is true?
a. Distribution channels for business products are significantly longer than those for consumer
b. Customer relationships for business products
1.If B represents consumer behavior, I represents interpersonal influences, P represents personal influences, and
E represents pressures exerted by outside environmental forces, Kurt Lewins statement, rewritten to apply to
consumer behavior, s
1. By presenting pertinent information in a useful format, marketing research:
a. provides managers with a means to judge sales performance.
b. aids decision makers in analyzing data and suggesting possible actions.
c. can predict trends in pr
1. Related party trade is defined as the trade relationship between:
a. countries with free trade agreements.
b. countries with the same language.
c. companies in the same industries.
d. a corporation and its overseas subsidiaries.
1. _ marketing is the development, growth, and maintenance of cost-effective, high-value relationships with
individual customers, suppliers, and other partners over time.
1. Business products may be identified as:
a. goods and services purchased for use either directly or indirectly in the production of
other goods and services for resale.
b. products of any kind bought for use in the home but sold later as use
1. Using the broad application of the word product, a television set is a(n):
a. obsolete technology in comparison with the Internet.
b. means of providing entertainment.
c. lucrative item for appliance stores.
d. machine used to receive broa
1. At which level of brand loyalty is advertising often used heavily to promote a product?
a. Brand recognition
b. Brand preference
c. Brand insistence
d. Brand equity
2. Jim stops at the local convenience store
1. The two critical components of distribution strategy are _ and _.
a. marketing channels; logistics and supply-chain management
b. physical distribution; relationship marketing
c. location; cost
d. warehousing; transportation
1. The function of informing, persuading, and influencing the consumers purchase decision is called:
2. An integrated marketing communication stra
1. In the 1950s, discount stores delivered lower prices in exchange for:
a. higher profits.
b. reduced services.
c. lower inventories.
d. continued patronage.
2. Which of the following retailers is an exception
1. The exchange value of a good or service defines its:
d. production cost.
2. A higher than average price of gasoline may be interpreted as:
a. an indicator of superior qual
1. Personal selling can be broadly defined as:
a. selling consumer products.
b. a promotional presentation conducted on a person-to-person basis with the buyer.
c. personalized advertising.
d. the use of promotional material sent directly to
1. Which of the following is one of the nonpersonal elements of the promotional mix?
a. Customer service
b. Television advertising
c. Product demonstration
d. Direct marketing
2. The two biggest spenders on adve
1. Because it involves the use of a high price relative to prices of competing products or services, the skimming
pricing strategy is sometimes referred to as _ pricing.