Biology 9 M/W
Quarter 2, Assignment 2
Cellular respiration- Is the breaking down of a food substance into usable cellular energy
in the form of ATP.
Aerobic- Is the type of cellular respiration that requires oxygen.
A Measure of Photosynthetic Rate in Spinach Leaf Disks
Complete the following questions and bring this prelab and the lab to class
on Friday, 23 October 2009.
1. State the balanced chemical equation for photosynthesis.
Subphylum Crustacea Prelab
This completed prelab and lab must be brought to lab on April 9, 2010.
(1) Read pages 477-479 and this lab.
a. Arthropoda: A phylum that has members that live virtually
everywhere; destroy crops, transmit deadly dise
Review Questions 3B-2:
1. The difference between simple diffusion and passive mediated transport is simple
diffusion is through the semi-permeable membrane based on concentration differences
inside and outside the cell. While passive mediated transport is
Cellular Respiration Prelab Admittance Ticket!
Due in class on Friday, October 30, 2008.
1. Give the chemical equation for cellular respiration.
2. What is the purpose for cellular respiration?
The purpose of cellular res
Prelab Biology Lab for April 16, 2010
(Answers found in 16B Class Insecta)
1) What four characteristics set Class Insecta apart from other arthropods?
The four characteristics that set the Class Insecta apart from other arthropods are:
Three pair of walk
Key Terms 9A-1:
Taxonomy- Is the classifying of organisms into groups. The taxonomy has over 1.5
million different species of organisms to group, with 30,000 to 40,000 more being added
Systematics- Is the classifying of organisms into groups.
Review Questions 4B-1:
1. The comparison between the structures that make up the code of our language to
corresponding parts of the code of protein synthesis is: The structures that make
up the code of our language are letters, words, sentences, and punct
Review Questions 4A-2:
1. The primary purpose of photosynthesis is converting light energy into stored chemical
2. The primary materials needed for photosynthesis are:
a) Carbon dioxide, water, and light energy.
b) Which produce glucose, water, an
Review Questions 8A-1:
1. Worldview is the frame of reference that a person uses to interpret and understand the
world around him.
2. The three essential components of a Christian worldview are:
Creation- All things that exist, God declared them to be ve
Answer Section Review Questions 15C-1:
1. The characteristics that worms from the various worm phyla have in common are
that they have bilateral symmetry and an anterior, or head, region where most of
the sensory organs and nerve cells are concentrated. T
Chromatography of Plant Pigments
To extract organic pigments from a variety of vegetables or leaves, and to calculate RF
Answer the following questions before lab on Friday.
1. What is the balanced chemical equation for photosynth