Ch 3 pt 2
1. If you were installing an expansion card into a case that does not have enough clearance
above the motherboard for the card, what device can you use to solve the problem?
2. How can you find out how many memory slots are populated o
1. Which is faster, a Hi-Speed USB port or SuperSpeed USB port?
2. What is the purpose of an expansion slot on a motherboard?
For expansion cards
3. How is the best way to determine if a cable inside a computer is a data and instruct
1. Which type of Intel chipsets was the first to support the graphics controller to be part of
2. What type of memory does the LGA1155 socket work with? Which socket was it designed
DDR3, was designed to r
Ch 4 pt 2
1. Which module, a DDR3 or DDR2 DIMM, uses lower voltage?
2. What type of DIMM supports triple channeling?
3. A DIMM memory ad displays 5-5-5-15. What is the CAS Latency value of this DIMM?
4. A motherboard uses duel channeling, but
Intro to Networks
Sheet Chapters 1-4
What are the three main purposes of an operating system?
Provides a basis for application programs, let users easily interface with the computer to
execute programs, optimize utilization of hardwa
1. What is the name of the memory cache that is on the same die as the processor?
Level 1 cache
2. What is the name of the Intel technology that allows a processor to handle two threads at
3. Which two Intel processor socke
6. What is the purpose of the 4 pin Molex connector?
Provide power to a PATA hard drive or optical drive, can provide +5 Vand +12 V to the drive
7. Which are two types of buses that may be used by ExpressCard slots?
PCI Express, USB 2.0
8. Which type of m