ETHICAL ISSUES IN OFFICIAL
irrespective of the existence and
availability of better alternative
2. Confidentiality Encouraging accurate reporting by
Data security Data manipula
1. Name the five principal dimensions of product quality for statistics.
2. What are the main sources of error that cause inaccuracy of the statistical information?
3. Define timeliness and describe some good practices to achieve a
Self-Review Questions/Tutorial Questions
1. Name the seven phases of the statistical cycle.
2. In which phase are decisions regarding budget and resources as well as
3. When is the survey frame developed?
4. Describe the m
1. Define the concept of ethics.
2. Name at least four aspects of the work of statistical agencies in relation to which ethical
issues may arise.
3. Explain the core approaches that could be followed by a national statistical agenc
1. Define the term dissemination and explain why it is different from publication.
2. What are the general principles that should guide data dissemination?
3. What were the traditional products used by statistical agencies for diss
1. What is the purpose of the International Family of Economic and Social Classifications?
2. State two main uses of statistical classifications.
3. Who are the main beneficiaries of statistical classifications?
4. What are the bas