._ . I. . n ._
.u:.III. I . . I .q 11 .III. . .
n. . . .- n. u. .335. .
. - . . :. . . .
.51. . _. H. n. .1. .
Iliad-I. I .r .u. in" .I. .3. I.II .I m. . .rr 5.": .I.
.31. II. .I. . I. u. . .
. . M . . -
Gm: . .u. . .
. .I ._. Err. ii.
. . .I.
. . r. . I
Take Away Summary: Beliefs That Make You Fail.Or Succeed
In Beliefs That Make You Fail.Or Succeed, by professor Stephen Chew, the video
speaks about how college students, especially freshmen, f
Philosophy 1301 Exam #3 Review
1. What is the purpose of Epistemology?
What is Reasonable?
2. Be able to map out the process of understanding our knowledge of the world
from Plato to Kant (from the Metaphysics/Epistemology chart).
3. What are the two rela
Philosophy Exam One
1. Philosophy: Love of wisdom
2. Wisdom: Knowledge rightly applied
3. Four Topical Division of Philosophy
1. Metaphysics- What is real?
2. Epistemology- What is reasonable?
3. Ethics- What is good?
4. Aesthetics- What is beauty?
Philosophy 1301 Exam #2 Review
1. What are the two major divisions of metaphysics?
1) What is the nature of reality?
2) What are the basic ways of being?
- Cosmology: study of the universe and asks questions about how
substance came into being and where s
Xunzi: Human Nature is Evil
Discussing the human races original state of nature, Xunzi states that human nature is
naturally bad. He believes that our nature is led by our most basic physical and emotional desi
Theory of Identity
According to Smarts Identity Theory, the mental process of feeling cold is the same as the
brain process that makes the feeling of cold ignite. He goes on to say that even though these two
Descartes Radical Doubt
The purpose of Descartes method of radical doubt was to subject all of our beliefs to
radical doubt and then see which of them can withstand such doubt and hence be accepted as