Marketing Plan Guideline
Section 0. Executive Summary (Due on May 2) 1 page
Section 1. Current Market Situation (Due on Feb 23) Max 3 pages
Describe how the market is segmented. Be sure to include segments that are not targeted.
Marketing Plan Rubric
(90% of Project Grade)
Market Research and Market
(Your score X 7.5)
4 - Students developed and carefully
documented market information
gathered from a variety of quality print
and electronic sources, including
Group Number: _Date:_
Group Members Present:
A brand is choosing between two sales promotions, a coupon and a buy one get one free
(BOGO) offer. If the brand distributes coupons for 25% off the regular pric
PQ#1. Suppose that Brand Widgets monthly base sales is 1,500 units. Next month, Brand Widget
plans to have a Buy Two Get One Free (B2GO) promotion. Historical sales show that this type of
promotion increases monthly unit
Given the following:
Brand Xs regular price = $2.00
Brand Xs unit cost = $0.50
Base Sales = 1,000 units
Coupon value = $0.25
Coupons distributed/dropped = 10,000
Projected coupon redemption rate = 7%;
Projected sales for the month = 1,300 u
Exam 2 Study Guide
1. Describe the consumer market for Culinarian cookware. How can you effectively segment the market?
The consumer market were 75% 30 to 55 years of age, 82% women, 70% household incomes over $75,000 and
60% considered cooking to be thei
Exam 3 Study Guide
1. What is the bullwhip effect?
2. What are the five trade promotion objectives discussed in class?
3. Why are trade price promotions more effective than permanent price cuts for weaker brands?
4. Why does the manufacturer want to load
Mktg 443 Exam 2 Study Guide
1. What are rebates? When do manufacturers use rebates instead of coupons?
2. How are rebates processed?
3. What does current research say about rebate presentation formats?
4. What can loyalty programs do?
5. What are some of
MKTG 443 Spring 2011
M/W 13:10 14:25 BUS 222
M/W 14:35 15:50 BUS 222
Professor: Ian Clark S. Sinapuelas
Office: SCI 326
Phone: (415) 338-6282
Office Hours: M/W: 16:00 18:00 or by appointment
The course offers an
CASE RECOMMENDATIONS GUIDE
Before you can make any recommendation, you need to analyze the case. Sections I III has
guide questions that will help you in your analysis. You may not be able to answer all of these
questions, since the information you have i