Dr. John Sullivan
Professor of Management
Want to add the class?
You have to sell the recruiting value that you will
add to the class
1. If you mention your needs even once, you are done
2. If you mention your general
Ch. 7 Staffing
7-1. Your boss asks you how she can improve the accuracy of pre-employment interviews. What
would you tell her?
To improve the accuracy of pre-employment interviews would be to establish nonbiased hiring
decisions by concentrating on shapin
Ch. 8 Training and On-Boarding
1. In your view, why is a recognition culture such a powerful motivator?
Recognition culture is such a powerful motivator because we as humans find the need for
recognition and by having a culture that promotes recognition,
May 25th, 2016
11-1) What steps can a company take to align its compensation system with its general
According to our textbook, companies can take a few steps to a
March 14, 2016
Homework 2: Chapter 6
6-1) What special measures might be necessary for a successful diversity-oriented
Members of minority groups should be involved in compa
March 28, 2016
7-1: To improve the accuracy of pre-employment interviews, there need to be a system
set up. Know what to look for in candidates, focusing on only the competencies necessary
for the job, al
May 9th, 2016
1. Len Fulkner handled the situation to the best of his abilities. I believe that
Len sending Harry home was the correct action to take before he injured
himself or others. According to the
May 2nd, 2016
4) Discuss three controllable and three uncontrollable costs associated with
Controllable costs are those a firm can alter and decrease. The control is wit
MGMT 610 Midterm
Exam Q. Ch. 1
1.) What are the top 12 global HR problems you will likely face?
VUCA Chaotic World
Why? Problem because environment is constantly changing and must be adaptable to
keep up with it
To be adaptive means youre a
Make a descriptive list of 10 things that can go wrong during interviews and explain
why each is a problem.
1. Based on historic information (behavioral interviews): Living in a VUCA world, the
past cannot be a good indicator of the future and can result
1. Serious talent shortages exist in many places, but these are not the only reasons for the
recruiting problems experienced by many small businesses. What are some others?
Because small businesses dont make as much money as bigger busines