Multiple Choice Questions
1. Intermediation can be defined as
b) Facilitating asset transformation.
c) Acting as an agent to bring buyers and sellers.
d) Settling disputes among financial institutions.
e) B & C
f) All of the above
1. What is a deposit-taking institution? Explain with the help of examples.
2. How can we differentiate between a monetary financial institution and other
Explain the various types of mortgages yo
1 Is there a rationale for the regulation of financial intermediaries and financial
2 What is a bank run?
3 What are the main types of financial regulation?
4 Why are the safety net arrangements said to increase moral hazard
1. What are the main forces that generate trends in the banking sector?
2. Outline the differences between deregulation and re-regulation of the
How can you differentiate between a merger and an acqui
Strengthening Our Future, the blueprint.
Bank Negara Malaysia released the new Financial Sector Blueprint. Themed "Strengthening
Our Future", the Blueprint charts the future direction of the financial system over the next ten
As the coun
Case Study: Malaysia banks on reforms to spur Islamic finance
Regulatory reforms are underway to help Malaysias Islamic banking industry expand further,
but for government plans to succeed, they will need to be matched by action from som
Case Study: Banking Industry in Malaysia
The banking industry in Malaysia dates back to the early 1900s when rapid economic
development, as a result of thriving profits from rubber plantations and the tin industry then,
saw the opening of forei
1. In what ways does traditional foreign banking differ from Eurocurrency
2. Why do banks go overseas? What are the main theories on the rationale for
3. Explain the main strategic reasons why banks may
1. Define finance in detail and how it differs from other disciplines like
2. Explain the meaning of surplus units and deficit units. Provide an example
3. Which type of financial institutions do you deal with? Ex