Deadline Exam day: 6PM
The electric field intensity of uniform plane wave propagating in the +z direction in
sea water is V/m at z = 0. The parameters of sea water are S/m.
Determine the attenuation constant, phase constant, intrinsic i
charge in motion constitutes a current. We name it convection current.
J = vv is then called convection current density.
Continuity of Current
The principle of conservation of charge:
Charges can be neither created nor destroyed.
But, equal amounts of
The Nature of Dielectric Materials
Either type of dipole may be described by its dipole moment p:
p = Qd
If there are n dipoles per unit volume, then there are nv dipoles in a volume v.
The total dipole moment is:
p total = p i
We now define
1. There are two infinite line charges along x=2, y=2 (L1) and x=3, y=3 (L2) with uniform
line charge density of 10nC/m and -10nC/m respectively.
Draw the electric field lines on z=0 plane (xy plane).
What is the el
Deadline: November 27, 2012, 5PM
1. Consider a magnetic field intensity A/m. Find the current density at point P (1, -2, 5).
2. Calculate the value of the vector current density J in rectangular coordinates at point
1. An infinite cylinder of radius a = 5 mm is uniformly charged with charge density v =
10pC/m3. Using Gauss law, find the flux density vector D inside the cylinder ( 0 a ) as a
function of the distance from the cylinders a
x = 0.
(i)Using Amperes circuital law, calculate the Magnetic Field Intensity of an
infinitely long straight filament carrying a direct current I.(ii) Draw the streamlines of
magnetic field intensity abo
1. Evaluate both sides of Stokes theorem for the field A/m and the rectangular path around the
region, , , z = 0. Let the positive direction of dS .
2. Assume that, magnetic permeability, = 1 = 20 H/m in region 1 where x >
1. Draw the electric field lines of an electric dipole. Show that is follows Gausss law by
drawing close contour.
2. A dipole of moment p = 6az nC m is located at the origin in free space. Find V and E
at P(r = 4, = 20, = 0
A current filament carrying 15 A in the az direction lie along the z = 2 to z = 8. Find H
in Cartesian co-ordinates at point P(4, 8, 5).
A coaxial cable is excited from a current source where the magnitude of current flow
is 10A. The radi
P o in tc h a rg e +3 Q a tc e nte ro fne utra lc o nd uc ting
s h e llo fin ne rra d iu s r1 a n d o ute rra d ius r2 .
a ) Wh a tis Ee ve rywh e re ?
Firs tq u e s tio n :Do we h a ve e no ug h s ym m e tryto
Electromagnetic Fields and
Golam Md. Imran Hossain
I have lost an
Are you sure?
Yap, I am