29 April 2016
Popular Candidates of 2016 Presidential Election
Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton are both presidential candidates for the 2016 election.
They are at the top of the polls with Trump being the lead
1. Worldwide, 1 in 5 adults cannot read or write and _ of them are women.
c. 90 percent
d. 10 percent
2. The OECD report of educational statistics in 30 countries found that
a. educational levels are decreasing.
b. spending on educ
1. In sociological terminology, a minority group is a category of people who
a. have less social status in society, because they are smaller in number.
b. have unequal access to positions of power, prestige, and wealth and tend to be
targets of prejudice
1. The most common crime in all countries is
2.Countries with relatively high homicide rates tend to be those with
a. high levels of development and standards of living.
b. higher levels of income inequa
Social Problems Ch 2
1. The World Health Organization defines health as
a. an individual's perception of being well.
b. a state of physical well-being.
c. the absence of illness.
d. a state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being.
Social Problems Ch 1
1. A social problem is a social condition that
a. interferes with the functioning of society.
b. results in conflict among various population segments of a society.
c. a segment of society views as harmful to members of society and in
1. Pharmacologically, a drug is a substance that
a. alters the structure or functioning of a living organism when it enters the
b. positively or negatively affects the immune system of the human body.
c. has a direct effect on the users physi
1. The U.S. Census defines family as
a. a kinship system of all relatives living together or recognized as a social unit.
b. two or more persons related by blood, marriage or adoption.
c. two or more persons who share a common residence.
d. a unit that co
1. Which term refers to the total assets of an individual or household minus liabilities?
b. gross income per capita
c. standard of living
2. Which country owns the largest share of the world's wealth?
1. An interconnected network of economic activity that transcends national boundaries and
spans the world is referred to as a
a. global economy.
b. transnational economic structure.
c. post-industrial economy.
d. transnational corporation.
1. The term sexual orientation refers to the classification of individuals as heterosexual,
bisexual, or homosexual, based on their
a. emotional and sexual attractions.
d. all of these
2. The predominance of e
1. For 99% of human history population growth was restricted by
b. disease and limited food supply.
c. climate and natural disasters.
d. low fertility rates.
2. _ refers to the time required for a population to double from a given b
1. The biological classifications of males and females reflect the concept of
c. gender stratification.
d. sexual orientation.
2. Gender refers to
a. the biological category of male or female.
b. the social definitions and exp
J. Lynn Millender, M.S.
Course Credit Hours:
Introduction to Sociology
Course Description (as it appears in the ICC Catalog)
English Comp II
25 September 2015
Are you in love? In this poem love is portrayed as something negative. Szymborska
suggests that true love does not happen for everybody and questions if love is necessary.
[For quotations of more than four lines, indent the quote one inch from the left
margin and do not use quotation marks. To apply this formatting, on the Home
tab, in the Styles gallery, click
Professional Social Worker
Itawamba Community College
This is my interview of Mr. Bryan Estes who is a Family Protection Specialist at the MDHS in
In what area of practice do you provide your s
15 April 2016
A Rose for Emily
One of the greatest American authors of this century, William Faulkner, uses
foreshadowing to lead the reader to a gothic tale of horror. Faulkner is often thought of as the
Sociology Module 5
1. The success story of the McDonald's organization explains _
a. that "fast food" is really not served very efficiently.
b. that the McDonald's idea never caught on abroad.
c. why so many small businesses do not succeed.
d. that the or