Part A - Review Questions
1. How are the pancreas and insulin related?
Pancreas is one of the organs in digestive system. It is located in your abdomen, stomach.
Pancreas major two functions are producing digestive enzymes to break down food and
Osteoporosis: Marissa, Jeremy and Eleanor
1. Define Perimenopausal.
Perimenopausal is a word which means of or pertaining to the perimenopause.
Perimenopause is the symptoms and conditions which could be seen and occurred from women
before and a
The Effects of Oil Spills on Birds
1. Examine a feather with a magnifying glass or a dissecting microscope. Sketch the feather
below, label the shaft, vane and barbs.
2. Use your fingers to rub the feather against the vanes. This should mess the feather u
Atkins or Fadkins?
Part 1 Macronutrients and Energy
a- Proteins are one of a group of organic compounds of carbon, hydrogen oxygen,
and nitrogen (sulfur and phosphorus may also be present). The protein molecule is a complex
organic molecule structure m
Driving Can Be Dangerous to Your Health: An Interrupted Case Study in Physiology
Part 1 The Grandparents Arrive
1. What factors can trigger an asthmatic episode?
Asthma is a condition characterized by widespread narrowing of the bronchial
airways that lea
The Case of the Dividing Cell: Mitosis and Meiosis in the Cellular Court
Part 1 The First Day of Testimony
1. What are the major events that occur during each of the stages in the life cycle of a cell such
as a skin cell, i.e., Interphase, Prophase, Metap
You Are Not the Mother of Your Children
Part 1 A Distraught Mother
1. Why must a mothers DNA match that of her biological children? Why would Damian
expect half of the childrens DNA to come from their mother? Why not 30% of it? Or 70% of
Endangered Species Projec
-Tigers in East Asia
1. What is the common and scientific
name of the animal.
Panthera tigris altaica -> Scientific n
Siberian Tiger -> Common name
Koreans and Chinese people -> Korea
n Tiger, Northeast Tiger, Mandarin Ti
Classify of Cardiovascular system
Heart (blood pump)
Blood vessel (blood transportation ro
Four chambers : two atria and two ventricles. : divides the tw
What is bone fracture?
Medical condition in which there is a break in the continuity of
High force impact or stress.
Trivial injury as a result of weaken bones (Osteoporosis)
Why the bone fracture is serious
It can oc