For the following slide you must know what tissue, organ and what
system they belong. Some of the slides you should know the name of
the cells in them.
1. Frog Skin:
Find the simple squamous epithelial tissue. Frogs skin is very thin.
TEST I AM
Find the best MATCH
3. Which of the following animal does NOT have myelinated neuron?
B. Jelly fish*
4. This is a type of epithelia
Pseudocoelomates, Annelida & Mollusks
1. This method is not used during thrashing movement?
A. Hydrostatic pressure
B. Longitudinal muscles
E. None of them
2. Which of the following phylum, all of its members are
Zoology Exam II
1. A single cell, fertilized egg is called?
2. Which of the following is NOT a main event in reproduction?
A. gamete formation
1. What are 4 different types of tissue, give an example of each & their function?
1. Epithelial (simple or stratified: more than one layer)/
a. squamous (mouth, lungs, inner blood vessel)
b. cuboidal (kidney, salivary gland, thyroid gland),
Zoology Exam III
1. Most primitive multicellular animals are:
E. none of the above
2. Sponges method of feeding is:
B. gastrovascular cavity
D. phagocytosis E. none of th
EXAM 2 REVIEW QUESTIONS
1. Define the following terms: Fertilization, cleavage, Parthenogenesis,
blastula, morula, gastrula.
2. Define the following types of cleavage with one example: Spiral, radial,
rotational, discoidal, and superficial.
3. What are th
The Acoelomate animals
1. some cephalization & bilateral symmetry
2. platyhelminth or flat worms
3. true organ
4. protostome & spiral cleavage
5. simplest excretory and circulatory system
6. mesoderm in the form of muscle fiber &
Classificatioin and Phylogeny of the Animal Kingdom
- There are about 1.5 Million Species
Based on comparative anatomy
Kindgom, phylum, class, order, family, genus and species
How to Write a Scientific Name
Possible Exam Essay Questions:
How do they get animal cloning to stem cell?
Totipotent is when one cell has complete potential of becoming the entire organisms. First have
mammary cell donor and egg cell donor. Mammary cells are put in a culture where
1. Define the following terms:
Fertilization - Activation of the egg and fuse of the sperm and egg nuclei to form the diploid
Cleavage - the subdivision of the zygote into many cells by mitosis.
Parthenogenesis without sperm fertilization, unferti
Prefixes and Suffixes
without. eg: anaerobic, in the absence of air, avascular.
air. eg: aerobic, in the presence of air or oxygen.
change. eg: ameboid, movement which is done by changing
starch. eg: amylase, a
1. Who are taxonomists?
A. people who classify organisms*
B. people who have a great knowledge of animal kingdom
C. people who study insects
D. people who study sponges and cniderians
E. none of the above
2. Which of the following the f