1. Attitudes are best understood as (Points : 2)
being either entirely positive or entirely negative.
being initially positive, but increasingly negative as new information arises.
varying in strength along both positive and negative dimensions.
1. The sympathetic nervous system is to _ as the parasympathetic nervous system is to _. (Points : 2)
striated muscles; smooth muscles
2. Individuals with pu
1. A major disturbance of intellectual and social functioning in which there is a loss of contact with reality is called: (Points : 2)
2. Both depressed and manic symptoms appear i
Chapter 5: Theories and Therapies Nursing School Test Banks
Chapter 5: Theories and Therapies
1. A male client who has a diagnosis of generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is seen in the emergency
room with complaints of chest pain,
Psych - Study Guide - Chapters 1-4
1. Mental health is influenced by which 3 major factors?
2. Plato could be compared with what more recent psychological theorist?
3. Who played a major part in recognizing inhumane treatment?
4. What female is
Chapter 7: Psychotherapeutic Drug Therapy Nursing School Test Banks
Chapter 7: Psychotherapeutic Drug Therapy
1. During client teaching, the nurse must inform the client prescribed a tricyclic antidepressant (TCA) to
not expect t
Maturity: Better Known as Growth
In life, Maturity is something everyone must face, whether they like it or not. Now you
either have the choice to become mature or the choice to be an immature human being. So what
is maturity and how does one deal with it
A woman who is participating in a march to draw attention to an issue that is important to her is demonstrating the _ component of attitudes.
We are most likely to persuade someone to help us with a time-consuming, unappealing task if we
In Freud's view, personality forms as the result of the struggle between
primal needs and social or moral restraints.
Maslow believed that we can learn the most about the human condition by
studying normal people.
A person who follows rules, is d