Purifying Chemicals by Distillation
Procedure and Observations
A simple distillation apparatus was set using the apparatus in the locker assigned.
50mL of 50:50 mixture of 2-propanol and 1-butanol were added to the distill
MAT 2384 B
Assignment # 4
due Friday, October 23nd
1. Solve the Euler-Cauchy equation x3 y 000 5x2 y 00 + xy 0 + 8y = 0.
2. Solve the homogeneous equation y 000 + 3y 00 + 4y 0 + 2y = 0.
3. Find the general solution of the equation y (4) 2y 000 + 2y 00 2y
11) How many carbon-carbon bonds are present in the molecule shown?
25) Based on the structure below, what is the value for the H-N-CH3 bond angle?
A) 60 degrees
B) 90 degrees
C) 109 degrees
D) 120 degrees
The purpose of this lab is to identify the composition of a mixture using Thin
Layer Chromatography (TLC)
TLC is one type of chromatography out of many. However the general concept of
chromatography stays the same: mixtures are separated b
In this experiment, the progress of a reaction will be monitored using Thin
Layer Chromatography (TLC), and a solution would be separated by extraction using
a separatory funnel.
The method of extraction in organic chemistry is used to separa